Friday, November 30, 2012

Lining Check Update

Whoops, I never updated my blog after my lining check.  I'm actually not THAT tardy, because I didn't get the results until yesterday afternoon.  The monitoring clinic had faxed over results early on Wednesday, but they were apparently the results from my appointment last week.  By the time the coordinator in Chicago realized it, the local clinic was closed for the day.  After calling and faxing them twice each yesterday with no results, the coordinator ended up coming to me for help.  I got on the phone and had to get a bit bossy with the poor receptionist who tried to "take a message for someone to call me back."  But at least it worked, half an hour later I got a call from the coordinator that she had finally received them.

My lining was looking great, already up to 9.4 (8+ is considered transfer ready).  My estridiol level was at 283.  This number means nothing to me, but I figure I'll post it here for future reference.  Anyway, she said my numbers were really good and to continue my schedule as planned - no extra boost needed.

My next lining check is on Tuesday.  I haven't heard any updates on the donor yet, I'm not sure when her follicle check was scheduled.

In other news, we got approved for the backup insurance policy and life insurance policy we applied for.  The backup insurance is in case my insurance company (which does not have a surrogacy exclusion) finds out that this pregnancy is a surrogacy and decides they don't feel like covering it after all.  In addition, my IPs have purchased a life insurance policy for my family's protection should I die as a result of this pregnancy or delivery.  It's morbid to think about, but hey, it happens.  And it's comforting to know that my family will be taken care of at least monetarily if they lose their wife/mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment