Monday, November 12, 2012

So Far, So-So

I have given myself three shots so far.  The shots themselves have been fine.  The needle is small, and I barely even feel it.  I have had a bit of stinging on the skin around the injection site for a few minutes after I give myself the shot, but I suspect it might be because of the alcohol I wipe on my stomach prior to giving  myself the shot.

Side effect-wise, I suffered my first ever migraine yesterday.  I've had headaches before, but never felt like something was trying to push my eyeball out from the inside.  Luckily I'd already run all the necessary errands earlier in the day, and I was able to nap during my baby's nap.  I have a headache again today, but it is much more manageable.  Since I'm not supposed to take anything but Tylenol for pain here on out, and Tylenol has never really done much for headaches for me, I'm pretty limited.  I plan to self-medicate with caffeine if it gets bad during work days.  It turns out I can't just crawl under my desk and take a nap if needed.

Aside from the headaches though, I haven't had any other side effects.  No hot flashes or hormonal outbursts yet.  : : Knocks on wood : :  I'm hoping that after a little while on these meds my body will adjust and I will start to feel better.

What's up next:
Tomorrow (11/13) Last birth control pill
Next Monday (11/19) First appointment - baseline ultrasound and blood work to check my estrogen and progesterone levels
Next Tuesday (11/20) Reduce lupron dose and start with estrogen patches and baby aspirin

Only 4 more weeks until transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment