Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bleeding....Check

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, the clinic told me to not be surprised if I had some bleeding.  I'm glad they mentioned it.  Only a couple hours later, I went to the bathroom and discovered what I had assumed was my regular old suppository discharge was actually blood.  Lots of blood.  I freaked out.

Then I reasoned with myself and it was just blood, there were no clots or tissue with it.  And I had no cramping or anything.  And I had just seen two healthy little babies in there earlier that day.  It was not very likely that in the space of a few hours something would have gone that wrong.

I contacted the clinic as soon as I discovered the blood to see what they wanted me to do, and I didn't hear back until the very end of the day.  Put my feet up, keep hydrated, and let them know if it gets worse and they will send me in for another ultrasound.  It's probably just the SCH, possibly being irritated by the ultrasound wand poking around up there.

Luckily after a couple of hours the bleeding slowed, and since last night I have just had some brown spotting,  I'm hoping that's the only time the SCH rears its ugly head, but I now every time I feel any sort of discharge (which is several times a day thanks to the Endometrin), I have to run to the bathroom and make sure it's not more bleeding.  At least from now on I will be more prepared and less shocked.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to happen to a lot of us, the SCH and spotting. Next time around I'm going to purposely worry about everything less! I'm glad it has stopped for you. I hope that is the last of it.

    ReplyDelete