Thursday, January 24, 2013

8 Week Ultrasound

Yesterday was our 8 week ultrasound, and it went great!  I was very happy to get to go in yesterday, because I had had quite a bit of spotting the night before and that morning.  So it was a relief to see both babies with their strong heart beats.

Baby A was still measuring right on track with a heartbeat of 181, and Baby B (our overachiever, as the tech refers to him) was still measuring a day ahead with a heart beat of 173.

My IPs were able to make the trip down from Chicago to check out how much their babies have grown in the last two weeks.  They looked much bigger and had arm and leg buds this time, which is something they didn't have last week.  They were so excited to see them looking perfectly strong and healthy.  We got to use the brand new state of the art ultrasound machine that the office just got in.  The tech told us she had only used it a couple times before.  So IPs were able to take home pictures of their babies not only in 3D, but in color too!  It was really amazing, you could see every little detail of the cute little blobs.  They basically look like gummy bears right now, but that equipment is going to be amazing once their faces are more developed!

My next appointment will be my first OB appointment and NT screening ultrasound on February 20, at 12 weeks.  My IPs are going to be able to make it down to that one as well.  It's going to be so exciting to be able to see them see the 12 week ultrasound.  That was the first one my husband and I got to see for our own child, and I can't even describe the feelings I had when I saw that teeny tiny person bouncing around inside me that I couldn't even feel.  Even though they have gotten to see their babies twice already, by 12 weeks they will look like little people, with faces and arms and legs.  I can't wait for my IPs to get to experience that awe and elation!

As far as everything else, I have been doing really well with this pregnancy - probably better than I did with my last one.  I haven't had a single moment of morning sickness (I know I'm probably jinxing myself by typing this out), and hardly even a passing wave of nausea.  I have been extremely tired, but nothing I can't handle, even with a toddler this time around.  I also haven't had any problems with bloat.  Comparing my belly to pictures at this time from my previous pregnancy, I look much better this time around.  I lost about 4 pounds between the start of my meds and the first beta, and I am still a pound below my initial weight.  I have been battling a couple of colds that I've caught from my kiddo (oh, the joys of having a daycare baby!), but I have still been able to eat well and get enough fluids.  So I'd say that considering the fact that I'm growing two people right now, I'm doing pretty well! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats! I'm not too far ahead of you, (at 12 weeks) and we just had an u/s last week. It was pretty incredible, as we could now see this real little "person" rather than a bean! :) Look fwd to following your journey, and can't wait to hear about your 12 week scan too :)

    ReplyDelete