Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First Appointment Down

Sorry for the long pause in posting.  I was out of town on vacation, and nothing was really going on before my IPs' first appointment anyway.

They had their appointment with the clinic yesterday and it went very well.  They are in the process of getting all the paperwork out of the way so that my screening trip up to Chicago can be arranged.  They are also going to be using an anonymous egg donor, so they are in the process of selecting one of those as well.  Luckily the clinic they are using has a fairly extensive donor database, so they don't have to shop around through different donor agencies to try to find someone.

On my end, I'm pretty much just sitting on the sidelines waiting for them to tell me when I can come to Chicago.  I know there's really not much I can do at this point, and all the initial arrangements and decisions need to be made by my IPs, but I don't like feeling like I'm out of the loop.  I haven't had much communication with my IPs since we met in person last month.  I think part of the problem is that I am very much an emailer and they are not.  I think there is probably also a certain amount of caution on both sides, with neither of us wanting to bug the other.  I have tried shooting a couple emails to the IF but haven't gotten much of a response - I know he's very busy as he owns his own business.  I don't even have the IM's email address or phone number and IF hasn't given it to me.  I really loved talking to them in person, so I'm hoping that once I am able to see them again when I go up for screening our relationship will start to blossom a little more.  Anyone have any advice for how to get a new surrogacy relationship off the ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment