Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Moving to the Next Step

So I received the profile for the IPs on Monday evening.  At first I was a little disappointed.  Not because I didn't like them, but because there really wasn't enough information on it for me to get a feeling whether I liked them or not.  I think part of it was that the profile questions themselves weren't very detailed, and part of it was that this couple has been trying to have a baby for so long that at this point they just want to be parents and aren't too particular about how they get there.  All I really got out of it was that they were looking for someone young and healthy who would let them be involved with the pregnancy.  I certainly meet that criteria, but I had been hoping for a little more information.

I emailed the case worker to let her know how I felt, that I certainly wasn't opposed to talking to them but that I was having trouble getting a feel for who they were.  I'm glad I let her know, because she forwarded me a profile that the IPs had created themselves, containing pictures and details about their interests, families, relationship, etc.  It was much more informative, and they seem like sweet people who really deserve to be parents.  So lesson learned - if you need something, don't be afraid to ask!

The next step is a conference call with the IPs, myself and my husband, which is scheduled for Sunday.  I can't wait to talk to them and get to know them a little more.  The only potential issue I can see is that on their profile they had said they would consider selective reduction if they ended up with more than triplets, and I am not willing to carry more than twins (hopefully just a singleton!).  But my profile had clearly stated my desire to do SET (single embryo transfers) to reduce the risk of multiples and that I would not carry more than twins, and my case worker let me know they didn't have a problem with that.  So I just need to clarify that issue with them.  Other than that, I am thinking of questions I want to ask them and writing them all down so I don't forget.

I'm nervous but excited, and I'm sure they feel the same way.  I will be back with an update of how the call goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment