Thursday, October 18, 2012

All Refreshed and Ready to Go!

Italy was lovely.  Lovely, lovely, lovely.  Here is a picture from my balcony in Sorrento (Homer's land of the Sirens), just to give you a taste of the beauty that is Italy:


Aside from being buried under piles of backed up paperwork at work, I'm feeling very refreshed.  I'm spending every second I can get making up for missed time with my daughter and enjoying the fall weather with her.  I'm also ready to get back on the crazy train that is surrogacy with a positive attitude!

Updates: the egg donor has her screening appointment today.  The nurse coordinator actually forwarded me the tentative calendar, with me beginning injectible meds on November 9 and transferring somewhere between December 7-14.  Although it's nice that this seems to be going forward, I'm trying not to get my hopes up and plans set just yet.  This new donor is a first time donor so she has no previous donation history to complicate things, and she already had to do most of her screening to even be accepted by the agency.  So, we are hopeful that everything will go OK.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed that she doesn't test positive for cocaine or chlamydia, and that we can all be on our way to receiving some very merry Christmas news!

In other news, the contract is still being negotiated but it looks like we have all the issues worked out.  Now we just have some nitpicking left to do, and we will hopefully get that thing signed in the next week or so.

As a side note, I realize that my last few posts have been a bit negative.  I just want to go on the record and say that despite complications and disappointments along the way, I'm still just as excited to make my IPs parents as I was when I first started out.  They are wonderful people who deserve to be parents, and I can't wait to be there on the day they meet their son or daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment