Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two Days Till Chicago!

I'm getting so excited to head up to Chicago for our medical screening.  It probably won't be fun to be poked and prodded, and then learn about how to poke and prod myself some more in the future, but this is a milestone we have been trying to get to for some time.

In addition, we will be getting to meet my IF for lunch.  I wish my IM was able to come as well, but she will be recovering from a medical procedure and won't be able to make it.  I was really looking to taking a step forward with our relationship since all of my long distance communication goes through my IF.  So I'm disappointed that she won't be able to make it, but it is what it is I guess.

Since I work a full time office job, I will have to take a vacation day to go up to Chicago (which will be reimbursed by my IPs).  I have a feeling working in absences for surrogacy is going to get tricky.  I have a VERY nosy boss, and I work with a team of 6.  Only 2 of us are allowed to be out of the office at any one time, and I am at the very bottom when it comes to seniority for requesting time off.  If I were taking off a Friday or Monday I could have just said we were going to Chicago for a long weekend, but I couldn't think of any  legitimate reason that I would be taking off a whole day on a Thursday.  And believe me, taking off a whole day would require an explanation.  So I will just be waiting until Thursday and calling in with the sick baby card.

I'm starting to worry about the transfer.  It's looking like November will be the ideal transfer time, but unfortunately I can't be out of the office for the last two weeks - others with more seniority have already requested all the time around Thanksgiving off.  I can't even use the sick baby excuse, since absences of 2 or more days in a row require a doctor's note.  It would be easy enough if we could just schedule some other time way in advance, but unfotunately in this process we are at the mercy of the egg donor's cycle.  I'm hoping my job doesn't end up cancelling a cycle or pushing us back another month!

Anyone else who has been through this before - how do you go about getting time off for screenings, monitoring, transfer?  Or am I the only one with this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment