Thursday, May 10, 2012

Face-to-Face is Scheduled!

So I get to meet my potential IPs in person next week!  They are going to come to my city and have dinner with my family and me next Wednesday.  I'm really looking forward to meeting them in person, and I hope that both sides agree that we are the perfect match!

Our phone call mainly focused on the "business" topics about the surrogacy.  We all wanted to make sure right off the bat that we agreed on the big stuff, like how many embryos to transfer, termination, etc., as well as wanting to make sure that we had similar expectations about our level of communication and the IPs' level of involvement during the surrogacy.  That stuff is so important, because no matter how much you like each other, you really aren't a good match if you don't agree on those types of things.  But now I want to focus more on who they are as people, and let them get to know us as people.  The IM told me on the phone when we talked, "We think you would probably always be a part of our lives if you did this for us."  The idea of that makes me so happy, but if that's the case, I want to make sure that we get along and have some things in common!

As much as I'm looking forward to this, I'm also very nervous.  It feels kind of like being set up on a blind date.  Having met the love of my life way back in high school, I've never done something like this before.  What if they don't like me?  What if I don't like them?  What if we get stuck awkwardly staring at each other over the dinner table for an hour?  What if my kid pukes or poops all over them, or won't stop screaming the whole time, and they decide they don't want a child after all?  Ok, the last one probably isn't a concern on most blind dates, and probably isn't really one here either.  I feel like my husband and I are both pretty good at talking to people we don't know and keeping the conversation going, but I'm sure all four of us will be nervous and you just never know how it will go.

Here's to hoping that this meeting was meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment