Friday, May 18, 2012

In Person Meeting

On Wednesday evening, we had our potential IPs over to our home for dinner.  They  had driven all the way down that day (5.5 hour drive), and were driving home again that night because IF had to work the next day.  We are so grateful they were able to take the time out of their schedules to make that huge trip...I would have been exhausted!

My husband grilled some steaks, and we just hung out on the back deck talking and giving IM the chance to love on our baby.  She was so cute with her, and by the way her eyes lit up I can tell that she's going to be a great mom herself.  At first it was a little awkward, no one knew where to start the conversation.  Most people don't go into a blind date with the knowledge that by their second or third date they'll be trying to make a baby.  But once the conversation got going we both found the IPs to be very easy to talk to and we really enjoyed our time with them.  They are such a sweet couple!

Yesterday morning I emailed our coordinator to let her know that we would love to match with them if they still want to match with us.  I had been waiting to post an update until our match was official.  But, well, we haven't heard back either way yet!  The coordinator had left the IF a voicemail yesterday to find out how it went but hadn't heard back.  Communication will probably be a little more tough this week because the coordinator is out of town for work, and IF works mainly afternoons and evenings, so they have probably just had a hard time connecting.

Here's to hoping that we will be able to announce a match soon!

In other news, my "assignments" as far as progress toward being a GS were to finish weaning my daughter and get on birth control pills (BCP).  As of last weekend I have accomplished both of those things, so I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

1 comment: