Friday, April 12, 2013

20 Weeks!

I am 20 weeks pregnant today!  I can't believe I'm more than halfway done with this pregnancy!  Just about 4 more months until my IPs get to meet their little boys.

Things have been going really well the last few weeks.  I'm happy to report that the second trimester "honeymoon" phase even applies to me while pregnant with twins.  I am feeling really good at this point.  I'm making a point of appreciating each day, because I know it won't be too much longer before I start to feel huge, achy, and cranky.  I am definitely starting to notice my belly in the way when I bend down to put on my shoes or pick up things that I drop [side note: why is it that the harder it gets to pick up dropped items, the more often I drop things???].  I am also feeling movement more regularly, especially from Baby A.  I've even been able to feel him kicking a few times on the outside of my belly.

Here is my 20 week belly:

I think my belly is much bigger this time than last time, but I actually haven't gained any more weight than I had at this point during my singleton pregnancy.  My total weight gain at this point is 13 pounds, which I'm pretty happy with.  I'm hoping I can keep the weight gain slow and steady so that I don't end up with extra aches and pains later on.

My IPs are currently in Europe.  I haven't talked to them very frequently since they left, but they will be back in plenty of time for our next doctor appointment and ultrasound, which is April 25.  I hope they are enjoying their last pre-kid vacation!

1 comment:

  1. I love following your blog, because our situations are so similar. My 20 week was on April 11 - so we are only one day apart, and I'm also carrying twin boys for my IP's! I'm glad everything is going well for you.
    -Surrogate in Kansas City

    ReplyDelete