Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Half Birthday!

I can't believe the twins are six months old today!  The last half year has flown by so fast.

I received a few pictures of L & O a few days ago and it made my whole week!  They are such handsome little dudes.  That level of cuteness should not even be allowed.  I wish I could show them off on my blog, but their parents value their privacy and I'm honoring their wishes.

As I predicted, my contact with my IPs has been very little over the last several months.  They have made it pretty clear that they do not want an active relationship with me and my family.  At first this made me sad, but I completely respect their decision.  It has just taken me some time to get used to going from being very involved in each others' lives to almost nothing.  The only thing I had requested on my agency's profile when matching was occasional pictures and updates, so it makes me happy that so far my IPs have chosen to honor that request.  From here on out I'm just going to stay in the background and let them take the lead on how much communication they want to have with me.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about my experience in the months following delivery.  I'm glad to say that I don't feel sad or miss the babies.  I do think about them from time to time, and wonder how big they are now and what milestones they are hitting.  I think my first journey was a good learning experience going into my next journey whenever that comes along.  I'm not interested in forcing a relationship with my next IPs that might uncomfortable, but I plan to be a little pickier and work with someone with whom the relationship just forms naturally, and hopefully leads to a less awkward post-birth contact situation.  I'm not expecting to be actively involved in the lives of any future surrobabies, that would just be icing on the cake.  But it would be nice to be able to send a text or email occasionally without feeling like I am bothering them.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tammy I feel the same way it has been 5 weeks since I delivered and except for contact in the hospital ,nothing. I expected that believe it or not it was states in the contract although they told the agency differently. I am happy to tell you that I was invited to my surro twins bday party and have seen them numerous times since the holidays. Good that she has sent photos of the boys and who knows she may just change her frequency.

    ReplyDelete